2019/05/23 SMART-G 0.9.2 released !
Several things have been implemented:
- Source code release !
- This release now includes the source code for the kernel instead of binaries.
- This allows for more flexilibity with respect to compilation options.
- New! 3D objects (in development)
- 3D objects require smartg option Smartg(opt3D=True) and work in either forward or backward mode
- Designed to simulate a solar tower power plant. Please check notebooks/demo_notebook_objects.ipynb
- The following features are implemented:
- Reflectors (mirrors with optional roughness)
- Receivers with flux distribution map (direct, diffuse...)
- Custom photon launching options (target an area or specific objects: see option Smartg().run(cusL=...))
- Utilities to quickly generate a 3D scene with heliostats and a tower (see smartg/visualizegeo.py)
- New! Refraction and limb geometry. Please check notebooks/demo_notebook.ipynb
- ALIS method is now validated and extended to water. Please check notebooks/Validation_smartg_compilation.ipynb , which compiles all validation exercises for Smart-G and an example of:
- perturbative Jacobians
- Locale estimate: add 'zip' option to allow for non-cartesian product of
- output angles
- Notebooks have been extended
- New! 3D atmosphere (in development - undocumented)
Please check out our forum to get the latest release.